Common Core English Language Arts Links
- ELA Common Core Question Stems
- ELA Curriculum Map
- ELA Reading Passages -both fiction and non-fiction- teacher.depaul.edu/
- Readworks.org (Non-fiction reading passages)
- Vocabulary Dice
- Vocabulary Cinquains
- Common Core Bookmarks with Question Stems, Key Concepts, Key Vocabulary
- Common Core "I Can" Statements
- Unwrapped Standards- Delaware
6th Grade Common Core Activities and Strategies
RL.6.3: Describe how a particular story’s or drama’s plot unfolds in a series of episodes as well as how the characters respond or change as the plot moves toward a resolution.
Informational Text Resources:
RI.6.3: Analyze in detail how a key individual, event, or idea is introduced, illustrated, and elaborated in a text (e.g., through examples or anecdotes).
RI.6.4: Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative, connotative, and technical meanings.